Saturday, October 04, 2003

So here I am. I almost can't believe it...however, the Ukrainian being shouted across the room really brings it home :)

It's almost 4pm here today...the weather is cool with peaks of sun and drizzle. We're outside of Kyiv and aren't 'allowed' to venture in until we get our papers and ID cards...about 2 weeks from now. Really, I don't have much to report about the country/people yet because it's been one lecture after another so far...and I've been bonding with my fellow trainees. Tomorrow, however, the fun begins when I move in with my host family. I'm sure I'll have lots to report on that!

All in all, I'm really excited to be here. The people I'm with are amazing and we're having a blast together. And I feel like it's only going to be get better. Oh - this is kinda funny - there's another HC alum in the group....and older gentleman and his wife. He graduated in the 50s I think...a former attorney. How cool is that?

Can't wait for tomorrow...but right now it's off to my first Ukrainian lesson :)

No comments: