Tomorrow! I leave for Chicago tomorrow!!!! Since everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling, I'm going to try my best to put it into words:
ALJGLKJ*!*@*SDLKJ!!!
Yeah. So if you can understand that, let me know, 'cause I don't have the faintest clue either. Seriously, I'm all over the place, but mostly I'm extremely excited. Sure, I'm nervous - after all I'm going to a place I know little about, except that I might not be able to have hot showers on a regular basis. But the unknown is also exciting. The new people. The new culture. The new language. The new food.
That said, leaving is without a doubt bittersweet. I'm going to miss a lot of things about the United States, but it'll all be here when I get back. The only thing that I know will definitely be different is me...Plus, I already had one hell of a sendoff, therefore need to leave the country or else endure the wrath of the friends I made wear matching 'Ragin' in Ukraine' t-shirts throughout Somerville & Boston on Saturday night. HA! It was fabulous :)
I don't know when or how often I'll be able to update this after tomorrow, but I'm hoping to be able to do so with some sort of regular frequency. If not, look for my emails...I think everyone knows me well enough to know I will endure a two hour bus-ride, uphill both ways, through the snow, to send/check email :)
To Ukraine and beyond!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment