I was looking through our old blog posts and realized that I never updated this page to reflect my first onward assignment with USAID. In the Foreign Service, the year before the end of your tour you "bid" on your next assignment. Sometimes there's a lot of choice, sometimes not so much; sometimes it depends on your job. This year the number of choices for democracy officers wasn't that large. In the end I think I bid on spots in Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mexico, El Salvador and Vietnam. As you might be able to guess from the title (or at least the alphabet used) on this entry, "I'm going to Afghanistan."
Starting next fall I'll be working in the Democracy & Governance Office's Rule of Law Division. It's hard to say exactly what I'll be working on, given the ever-changing nature and fast pace of the work in Kabul, but I'll be there in total for one year, probably starting sometime in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment