Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Boring Salad Blues

I was staring at my salad of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers tonight, wondering what to put on it.  "Oh how I'd love to have some Annie's Green Goddess salad dressing," I thought to myself.  "I wonder if I can make it without having to run all over Yerevan for ingredients?"  Yes. Yes I can, and yes I did. In about three minutes.

A quick consultation with Google and seconds later I was pouring the following into my immersion blender's mixing bowl:


2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup tahini
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 small fresh garlic cloves (or 1 giant Armenian one)
2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

A few seconds of pulsing it all with the blender and voila!  Boring salad no more.

Score one for ingenuity. (And a relatively well-stocked cupboard.)

Now excuse me while I lick the bowl...

1 comment:

Jay said...

Just made RaeJean's Green Goddess dressing. Delish!