Saturday, July 19, 2008

Casserole casserole

Casseroles are usually drenched in cream of chicken soup and mixed with things like grated cheese, processed meat, or potatoes. Some southern food is quite tasty like Gus's fried chicken or ribs or collard greens or fried green tomatoes. Casseroles...not so tasty.

With my trip to visit Nick in Georgia coming up, I've been thinking about what I'll eat when I'm down there. I do this when I'm board.

I'm hoping it will not be things like hashbrown casserole or breakfast casserole (pictured) or green bean casserole or chicken casserole -- all of which I ate last weekend in Kentucky in copious amounts. Seriously -- just throw a lot of creamy white stuff on something, toss a handful of Sam's Choice grated cheddar over the top and bake at 350degrees for 40 minutes and VOILA! Casserole. Don't even get me started on the resulting weight gain.

No comments: