Wednesday, April 21, 2004

God, it's been a long time since I updated this. Sorry. Internet access is no longer a daily thing for me...more like twice a week and usually then I have 18milllion emails to reply to.

However, things are great here. There's about a month left of school, but it might as well be over considering the weather is nice and the kids want to be outside. So do I :) We just had a really long Easter break, and have two more long weekends coming up before school's over...one of those breaks Nick and I are heading to Poland. VERY EXCITED! It'll be my first jaunt out of the country since I got here in October.

April 1 all of the PCVs in my group had the option of moving into apartments. Most of us took it. My apartment is nice...no hot water and no phone, but nice. At least I have a refridgerator, bed, TV and no mice. It could be so much worse. It's located very near my school and I have lots of my students as neighbors. When they see me had to our little market they like to follow behind me and listen as I try to talk to the shop assistants. Apparently my Ukrainian inspires hoots, because they like to giggle when I ask for ice-cream and such...Oh well. I think it's getting better anyway :)

The weather here is pretty nice as of late. Unlike in the New England states the last snow was actually in beginning of March! How crazy is that!? And it's been sunny. The flowers are starting to bloom and vegetables are reappearing...finally. I'm so sick of starch...

Ok, well, it's time for Liz and I to head off to aerobics when the incredibly too chirpy instructor makes us do things we know is bad for us. Oh well. All in the name of community integration...

No comments: